PROCEEDS BENEFIT VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTERS WORKING TO KEEP OUR SIERRAS SAFE
Online registration ends 9/13/16, so register now!
WHAT: Sonora Pass Trail Run: 10K, 5K, and 1 MILE FUN RUN
WHEN: Sunday, September 18, 2016
WHERE: Starts at Leland High Sierra Snow Play (34033 Leland Meadow Rd, Strawberry, CA 95375
BENEFITS: The Volunteer Firefighters Working to Keep our Sierras Safe
PRESENTED BY: The Strawberry Fire Protection District and Strawberry Volunteer Fire Department
- 7:00am to 8:30am: CHECK IN/REGISTRATION
- 9:00am: 1 MILE FUN RUN START
- 9:30am: 5K AND 10K TRAIL RUN START
Trail Run: Mountain trail run is on USFS trails in the beautiful Central High Sierras (Sonora Pass, Highway 108) with elevation starting at ~6300 feet and reaching up to ~6730 feet. Guaranteed this run will challenge with a "bear" of climb at the beginning then leveling out, making way for a sure adrenaline pumping run that will leave you feeling nothing shy of amazing during and upon finish. Get ready, this run guarantees to kick your body, soul, and mind in full gear.
Run Distances: (distances are approximate)
- 10K (just shy); run up, out and loop with (only ~1-1.25 miles same out and back)
- 5K (almost); run up, out and back, last leg around the lake
- 1 Mile Fun Run (pretty close); run up, down and around the lake; walkers are welcome, THIS IS NOT A TIMED EVENT
Registration/Fees: Online registration ends Tuesday 9/13/16 at 11:30pm, registration is available the morning of the event 7:00am-8:30am, however, base registration fees increase from $35 to $45, payable by cash or check only, no credit cards (we do not have the ability the day of the race to accept credit cards).
Awards/*Ribbons: 5K and 10K finishers, three deep in each age group male/female in age categories (12 and under, 13-17, 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+), all participants of the 1 mile fun run receive ribbons.
*T-Shirts: Those registered on/before Tuesday 9/13/16 will receive an event t-shirt; we will do the best we can, but those registering on the morning of the race are not guaranteed a t-shirt (sorry, that doesn’t sound so fun), so register early.
Goodies Included in Registration: Event t-shirt, water, snacks, hot dog, and goodie bag.
Directions: From Sonora, stay on highway 108, continue up the hill, past the Pinecrest Entrance, and continue on Highway 108 through Strawberry, pass Brezina and Good Realty (cute little white building with red and green trim on the left of Highway 108), and continue up Highway 108 about ~4 miles, turn right onto Leland Meadows Rd, then continue ~1.5 miles to Leland High Sierra Snow Play (bet you didn't know they make snow making equipment). Note: Strawberry is ~35 miles from Sonora and Leland Meadows is ~39.
Things to Note:
- This is a trail run, narrow and rolling at times with obstacles, rocks, tree roots, branches, limbs and such on and near the path, keep your eyes and ears open
- Please, no pets on the trail runs, there just isn’t room and no time to pick up after them
- Walkers are welcome and we encourage their participation; however, walkers will need to step aside and make way for runners
- All registered participants/runners will be required to sign a waiver form at check-in
- Base registration fees increase to $45 the morning of the event
- GPS and cell phones do not work up yonder; with the exception of Verizon that usually or sometimes works in Strawberry (no guarantees)
- No commercial WIFI available at the event
- Race on - rain or shine
- No refunds, regardless of weather or other unseen circumstances